Certification of PRM Doctors
Board certification does not give an academic qualification but it means that the candidate has reached the European standards of competence in PRM. Above all, these procedures of certification and accreditation are the basis for a European network for intellectual exchanges and fellowship and for the clarification of the structure and activities of PRM for both Public Authorities and the general public.
Benefits for PRM Certified Specialists
The European Board of PRM is implementing a set of benefits for PRM Board Certified Specialists as well as for Board registered trainees:
- Free or low cost teaching programmes (such as European School Marseille),
- Reduced fees for European and National congresses,
- Reduced subscription fees for medical journals, etc.
There are three routes to become certified by the PRM Board of UEMS:
- If you are a Final Year Trainee or a Young PRM Doctor, you need to sit the Examination, which is organized every year, in November, by the Board
- If you have practiced PRM as a licensed specialist for 10 years or more, you can apply for Board Certification by Equivalence.
- If you were Board Certified more than 10 years ago, you will need to apply for Board Recertification.
Board Certification of Trainers and Training Centres
Conditional Endorsement of Training Programs in European Countries
1. which are not part of the European Union, the European Free Trade Association, Serbia or Turkey
2. in which the medical specialty of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (PRM) is either officially recognized or not
3. the medical specialty of PRM is still under construction