The PRM Section and Board of UEMS fully complies with the privacy and data security policy of UEMS.
More in detail:
The UEMS PRM Section & Board committed to ensuring the protection of your Personal Data and your privacy. To better protect your privacy, we provide this page explaining our Privacy and Data Security Policy and describing how and why personal data are collected and used by us. UEMS PRM Section & Board takes all possible care to prevent any unauthorized access to personal data and to ensure confidentiality for the data collected and processed.
1. Definitions and identity of the data controller:
UEMS PRM Section & Board refers to the Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist Section (one of the several Specialist Sections which represent independently recognized specialties). The PRM Section has created a European Board as a subgroup with a view to defining European standards of medical education and training. The PRM Section also contributes to the work of Multidisciplinary Joint Committees (MJC) which address fields of a multidisciplinary nature.UEMS refers to “European Union of Medical Specialists”, Belgian AISBL with a postal address of 24 rue de l’industrie, 1040 Brussels, Belgium and registered in Brussels under number BE 0.469.067.848, which is the data controller under Privacy Legislation.
Privacy Legislation refers specifically to the Belgian Law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy and its various implementing regulations and rulings or any current or future Belgian legislation regarding data protection, and to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Data subject refers to a natural person. Examples of a data subject can be an individual, a customer, a prospect, an employee, a contact person, etc.
Personal data are any information relating to an identified/identifiable natural person (= data subject), whether it relates to his or her private, professional, or public life. Personal data can be anything from a name, photo, email address, bank details, posts on social networking sites, medical information, IP address, or a combination of the data that directly or indirectly identifies the person. Some information such as health, racial or ethnic origin, genetic or biometric data (among others) are considered to be “sensitive data” and are subject to a special level of protection.
2. Data collected and processed by UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD:
UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD does not process data regarding children under 16 years old.
UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD does not process any sensitive data.
The Personal data collected by UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD are:
- Nominative Information – Title, First Name(s), Family Name(s): Your nominative details are needed to properly identify you, to communicate with you, to provide you with the services you have requested and to ensure that items are properly labelled as yours (e.g. Congress badges, Certificate of attendance, etc.)
- Email address: Your email address is used to communicate with you for all UEMS activities (document approbation, registration to a meeting, information about new developments, etc)
- Full Postal Address : When collected, your Postal Address is needed when items will be sent to you by post (e.g. exam diplomas, documents…). It also helps to correctly verify your identity (where other persons have the same or a similar name).
- Date and place of Birth: When collected, your date and place of birth are used to help UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD to correctly identify you and avoid duplicate records.
- Telephone number: When collected, this enables the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD to contact you rapidly in case of need.
- Curriculum vitae, list of publications and other information requested to support applications for the European examination: When collected, these data are used to define whether you are a suitable candidate for a UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD position or if you are eligible to a UEMS PRM BOARD Examination.
- For activities implying payment, the personal information that we may collect includes purchase history, payment information and Credit Card information if you chose this payment method.
The types of Personal Data that we collect will depend on the communication, application or service you apply for or receive. You may always choose not to provide the requested information, but in doing so we may be unable to provide the communication, application or service you request. UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD makes sure to collect and process data that are strictly necessary to the purpose of its activities.
3.How does UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD collect data:
The sources of personal information collected by UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD are:
- The individuals themselves when they register personal details on UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD Website (registration link for meetings, etc…)
- The individuals themselves when they contact UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD office
- Third parties acting on behalf of individuals enter personal details on a form requesting a UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD service (e.g. an agent arranging registration or hotel accommodation for an UEMS PRM BOARD Exam or UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD Meeting)
- Member Organisations providing details of their Members (The National Medical Associations members of UEMS send UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD office an individual personal details to appoint him/her as national delegate of UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD).
Where we receive personal information about individuals from sources other than the individuals themselves, we take all practical steps to contact the data subject to advise of their rights to object the use of their data or to rectify it.
4. Why does UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD collect and process Personal data
The UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD pursues the objective of reaching the highest level of medical care in Europe through the following activities: defense of the medical specialists interests in Europe; the definition of high standards of care, training and practice; the promotion of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development ; the development of quality assurance in specialist practice.
While working on these goals, UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD combines a wide range of activities in the field of medical training and continuing medical education, such as :
- Communication related to UEMS and UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD activities
- Collection and dissemination of scientific information and knowledge
- Enable individual communications with the individual about specific matters – e.g. sending confirmations, receipts, requesting further information to solve queries, etc.
- Organization of medical congresses and events
- Accreditation of medical events (EACCME)
- Provision of other products and services such as EU examination, accreditation of medical centers, preparatory courses, etc
- handle specific processes for UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD leadership and volunteers representing the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD, including hotel accommodation, expense claims and Declarations of Interest
When disclosing your personal information to us by using UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD website or by completing and submitting paper or electronic forms to us, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
5. Email addresses
Electronic communication is for most purposes the UEMS’s PRM SECTION & BOARD preferred method of communication because it is generally convenient, rapid, effective and efficient. In order to be able to communicate with you directly electronically, we need your email address.
The UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD respects the privacy of personal email addresses and complies with the Privacy legislation on email communication. The objective is not to send you unwanted messages, and your email details will not be passed on to any other individual or organization without your permission. We kindly ask you to provide us an e-mail address which is properly secured and which only you can access. You may request to exercise a right in application of the GPDR by e-mail. UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD has the right to consider every request received from your e-mail address as issued by you.
6.How long do we keep Personal data
Personal information is only kept for a reasonable period of time, dependent upon the nature of the information and its intended use.
Exceptionally, nominative information (only) is kept indefinitely for persons:
- who have had leadership positions in the UEMS (UEMS Executive and UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD Executives)
- who have passed UEMS PRM BOARD European Examinations (The nominative information is kept to reference it and to prevent fraud and false diplomas)
If you are delegate to the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD, your information will be kept in the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD system while you continue to be a delegate, even if you do not use products or services during that time, unless you request us not to keep it, (in which case you will cease being a UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD delegate). From the moment you cease to be a delegate, for any reason, your information will be kept in the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD system unless expressly requested otherwise by you. UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD wishes to keep your information during this period in order to facilitate your re-registration as a delegate as the case may be and for archiving reasons.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. The UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD may supply your information to its contractors to perform specific services (such as Event or examination organisation). Otherwise, UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD does not disclose personal information to any other person or organisation without your consent. In this context, your personal data may be disclosed to the following external partners in the circumstances described below:
- Professional Congress Organizer handling the congress or event registration: Where your registration is handled by someone other than yourself, your confirmations, badges or vouchers may be sent to this third party. These contain nominative details about you.
- Agencies handling flight and hotel bookings on behalf of UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD : Nominative information is provided to local agencies where the UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD handles hotel bookings for a particular congress or event.
- Members of the Eligibility Committee for EU Examinations, Honorary Diplomas or preparatory Courses: An application to a become an ESC Fellow or a Member of certain ESC bodies (eg ESC Working Groups) requires the submission of a CV, publication list and, sometimes, other elements to support the application. This information, together with nominative information concerning the applicant, is assessed by a leading specialist or committee of specialists, prior to acceptance or refusal of the application.
As Data Subject, you have several rights regarding your data which are listed herein below.
8.How are your Personal Data protected?
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, standard security practices, passwords and physical security measures, and managerial procedures to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data. Only a limited number of persons within us are authorized to access, delete or modify your data. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your privacy interests are protected.
9.What are your rights?
You have several rights over the processing of your data:
- You have the right to access your data which means that UEMS PRM SECTION & BOARD will confirm whether personal data concerning you has been processed as well as provide you with all the relevant information regarding your personal data and, if you wish, a copy of said data
- You have the right to rectify your data if it’s inaccurate or to complete your data if it’s incomplete
- When the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at anytime
- You may have the right to obtain the erasure or the restriction of processing of your personal data or object to its processing in certain circumstances.
- When the processing is carried out by automated means and based on either your consent or a contract, you have the right to data portability which means you shall receive your personal data or have it transferred to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
For information about how to get access to Personal Data and for exercising your rights, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.